Having issues with your product?
We want to ensure your product lasts the distance. Therefore, if you have any issues whatsoever with your furniture, you can submit an After-Care claim and someone from our Customer Service team will get in touch within 5 business days (by phone or email) with a suitable resolution.
We will always look to resolve any issues you may be having with your furniture, in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law. The Australian Consumer Law provides general information about consumer remedies, which are detailed below:
The consumer guarantees apply to both major (serious) and minor problems. The type of remedy, and who must provide it, will depend on the seriousness of the problem and which consumer guarantee was not met.
When the problem is minor, the supplier can choose between providing a repair or offering the consumer a replacement or a refund.
When there is a major failure, the consumer can:
- reject the goods and choose a refund or a replacement of similar value;
- ask for compensation for any drop in value of the goods.
It is important to note that these guidelines are general in nature, and apply to all products and services sold in Australia. What may seem 'major' to one party, might not be 'major' by industry standards.
The ACCC provides examples of products with 'major' problems:
- a washing machine with a motor that is only designed to last 3 months
- a bicycle that was advertised as 'red' but is actually 'green'
- a ski jacket that is not waterproof because it is made from the wrong material
- a car that is not powerful enough to tow a boat, despite the consumer telling the supplier they needed the car to tow a boat
All of these problems are serious, and restrict the consumer from using the product for its intended purpose. They are fundamental problems with the product design overall, and cannot be easily rectified.
The remedy for a 'major' problem is typically a refund, as it is assumed repair or replacement is not possible.
Any problem that is not major is a minor problem.
What does this mean for you?
If your product has an issue that is similar in nature to the above examples, and that is funamental to the product's design and/or cannot be repaired or replaced, we will offer you as many options as possible, including a full refund. This could also include compensation for you to keep the item.
If your product has an issue that is not similar to the above, and/or that can be easily rectified with a repair or replacement, we consider this to be minor and we will resolve as such within a reasonable time - usually with a repair, replacement or compensation.
When we won't refund:
There are some scenarios where Ashley Furniture Homestore will not action a warranty claim / refund request. For example:
- When a customer has simply changed their mind about a product
- When the issue / damage was not caused by Ashley Furniture Homestore
- When the issue / damage is not reported within a suitable and reasonable timeframe
For a full list of warranty exclusions, please click here.